This is a fun little page that I'm adding to my site. It's five things, about anything, you just might be wondering about.
FIVE REASONS WHY I STARTED WRITING THIS SERIES:
1. The only interest that ever survived my child and teenagehood was writing. I began my first novel in June 2010, and I
haven't looked back since.
2. I had (and still do, to this very day) recurring dreams about running out of the house and jumping down a manhole,
especially when I was feeling overwhelmed. I began to pretend that maybe there was something magical down there,
and that's when I added the creature from my worst nightmare as a little girl. You guessed it: Rion. But as it turned out,
my fear about him was completely superficial; the guy I came to know was much different underneath those nasty scars.
3. I love to be scared, and I love a good love story. In 2009, just after my second babe was born, my mind started madly
plotting out this story about this half-human creature named Rion (whose name was originally Jonathan) and this girl
named Liss. The scenes in my mind were so vivid, the dialogue so intense, I couldn't not write it down. Malion was a term
I came up with when my editor, Jessica, told me that these beings needed to have a name.
4. I told myself that if I got to page fifty, I had to write the whole thing. Two-hundred pages later, I physically was not able
5. Rion would not shut up in my head. He literally kept me up for hours one night, going on about his frustration with Liss
and the vykhars. Thank goodness for coffee.
FIVE THINGS YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME:
1. I suffer from dyslexia. As a child, I spent years trying to hide my secret before those darn government exams exposed me–it
was all learning assistance after that. I always despised having to miss the fun stuff in class, but I really needed the help.
2. The first novel I read on my own was Jane Eyre, in grade twelve. I know, I was sixteen, but up until that time, I cheated with
Coles Notes (bad idea) and class discussions were "just nod and agree". I dreaded having to read aloud in class. I always
managed to read the wrong line next, sometimes backwards, and stutter or repeat part of the same word twice (and I still do
once in a while). Potatotoes was a frequent mishap. It was not pretty. Neither was the teasing afterwards.
3. I LOVED Physics in Highschool. We got along very well. I wasn't an A+ student, but I loved the subject. It was something
I could visually understand and make sense of, simply.
4. I have cheated death on three occasions in my life. I do not wish to see if I have nine lives.
5. I firmly believe in fate and soul mates, and I incorporate that into my writing.
6. (I know, I'm dyslexic, but I can count!) I am terrified of crowded, public places, speaking in public, or being in a place where
people may be watching what I'm doing. I fumble, trip, drop things--forget what I'm doing. It sucks. However, when I'm with
my husband, I can hide behind him, or blend in with the crowd so I don't stand out. That's where I like to be. You'll notice
I haven't done any sort of book signings, or readings, but I'm working on getting there one day. For now, I'm just happy
if you've read my story and enjoyed it. Those fantastic reviews on Goodreads and Amazon really mean the world to me, and
I try my best to personally thank each and every one of you.
FIVE REASONS WHY MALION MALES MAKE GOOD DHARKUNS (Boyfriends) :
1. They are selfless, they love unconditionally, and their bonds are forever.
2. They show their love with time and affection—the home-made gifts are a bonus.
3. They are born healers, so naturally, they will do everything in their power to make sure their Wharla's feel on top of
the world at all times.
4. They will never pick food off of your plate when you're eating.
5. Who wouldn't want to be carried around in a set of warm arms? Especially when you can get from A to B so much faster!
FIVE REASON'S WHY MALION FEMALES MAKE GOOD WHARLAS (Girlfriends):
1. They are natural nuturers, and they are very perceptive to the feelings, so you can always count on them to give you space
when you need it, or lend a listening ear when you're in need of a good venting session.
2. They are fiercely loyal and protective of their Dharkuns and female friends.
3. They can't heal like the males, but they sure can cook up a storm. Let's face it, good food heals too! Especially dessert.
4. They care for every cubshen in the Malion community as if it were their own.
5. A female is never left to fend or care for herself and/or her cubshens alone, all the females support and care for one another
as if they were one large family.
FIVE OF LISS'S FAVOURITE VEGETARIAN FOODS:
1. Vegetable Sushi
2. Cucumber and Tomato sandwiches with bocconcini.
3. Enchiladas (made with veggie ground round)
5. Costco's garden veggie patties.
FIVE THINGS COOL THINGS ABOUT CHARLOTTE:
1. She changes her fringe colour every month.
2. She truly loved her long blonde hair until she had to start dying it black in order to hide her true identity when she ran
away from home.
3. She embraces the scars on her face, as they remind her of the time that she met Jordon, the Malion that saved her life.
4. It took a long time for her to get used to dressing gothic. She hated it at first, and now she doesn't know how she ever dressed
5. Her favorite food is poutine, with extra, extra gravy.
More to come...